Dear Mom and Dad,
The thing that I like best would probably be the Arts and out of the Arts, my favourite is music. Music has such history and you can tell that it will live forever. I like how it can change the way I feel while I listen to it. An upbeat and powerful song can make me feel like I can take on the world, while a darker melody makes me feel like crying. For example, the song "Requiem for a Dream" by Clint Mansel, is so powerful it brings to mind epic battles and bravery. I listened to that song the other day and my pulse was racing. Other songs can start revolutions. The song "Your the Voice" by John Farnham makes you think and reconsider how you treat others.
I especially enjoy the effect that music has in a movie. The way it drags you into the moment, I love that. I would like to make music like that.
Music is in every corner of the universe, so it's hard to tell of a time when I enjoyed powerful music. Right now as I'm writing this, I'm lisening to some really cool music that I found on Youtube called Chillstep Dreams Vol. 02. Its a mix of different songs, however it is mixed so well that it becomes a song itself. Normally I don't like mixes, I'm more of a classical, but I also like interesting and different sounds, so this is cool.
Love,
~Shannen
No comments:
Post a Comment