Monday, January 7, 2013

Questionnaire Paragraph

"O.K. class," the teacher said, "create a questionnaire and then ask your partner your questions. Your topic is Christmas and New Years."
Christmas and New Years, Shannen thought, that should be simple. I'll just do the usual questions you would ask someone about their Holiday. Shannen grabbed her notebook and found a sheet of blank paper in the back. She would need a new notebook soon. Shannen reached for her pen and started writing, her partner, Regina, scribbled away beside her. Soon both girls were done.
"What did you do on Christmas?" Shannen asked.
"Well," Regina said, thoughtfully, "I had dinner... with my family... and I had spaghetti with shrimp, because I'm a vegetarian."
That's cool, thought Shannen, I can defiantly see her as a vegetarian. I don't think I'd be able to live if I couldn't get some delicious turkey on Christmas though.
"What presents did you get for Christmas?" asked Shannen.
"I got a clock and... some clothes." Regina said wit a shrug.
A clock? That's a different present. I wonder if it was something she asked for?
"What was your favorite present?"
"The clock, definitely the clock."
"Is it like, really awesome?" Shannen asked. She couldn't believe someone would be that excited about a clock. Especially if it would be waking you up in the morning to go to school.
"Oh, well I have a picture of it right here." Regina said as she took out her phone and scrolled down her pictures. When she found the right one she tilted the phone so Shannen could see the screen. The picture showed a gold wristwatch that was very cute and looked like it could be worn with any outfit.
"Wow! That's so pretty!" Shannen said. Ohhh, she meant a wristwatch! That makes more sense!
"Well," Shannen said continuing on with the questionnaire. "What was your favorite present that you gave to someone else?" Shannen knew this wasn't a normal question. In fact, she had never heard it before, but she was curious to hear the answer. She wished that she could be answering this question, then she could tell Regina all about the box she had painted for the boy at Youth group.
"Um... well, I didn't really give any gifts."
"What?"
"Well, my mom buys all the gifts so...."
"O.K." That's weird. "I'll just leave that one blank." Shannen was amazed. How could someone not give gifts on Christmas? I don't mean to be rude, but that's just strange! "What did you do on New Years?"
"Some family friends came over and we had dinner together. They have two boys that are like, 7 years older then me so... Oh and I had lasagna!"
I love lasagna! Shannen thought. "Do you have any New Years Resolutions?"
"Resolutions? Like the goals you make for yourself in the beginning of the year?"
"Yeah."
"Well, to stop smoking, I guess."
"What? You smoke? No way!"
"Yeah, I do."
"O.K. well that's a good resolution." Wow, I didn't take her for a smoker.
"Oh." Regina added, "I also want to work on developing my... goodness? Is that the right word?"
"Yeah, that works"
Shannen finished writing Regina's answer down and looked at the clock. Class was almost over.
"O.K. class." said the teacher, "Class is almost over, I want you to rewrite your questionnaires into paragraphs and put them onto your blogs. Have a nice recess!"


No comments:

Post a Comment